Thursday, February 21, 2008

Beer and Relaxing in Las Vegas

Made it to Las Vegas around 3 p.m., picking up an extra hour as I crossed from mountain time into pacific time at the Arizona/Nevada border. Route 93 from Kingman, Arizona takes you along a nice stretch of desert and down along the Hoover Damn about 30 miles southwest of the city. You can see mountains from the left and right, and in some parts the road cuts through the red rocks.

When I arrived (my GPS navigated me along the streets of Vegas), I must really credit Travelzoo, which found me an astonishingly cheap rate at the Mandalay that included a free pass to the spa. Sitting in the steam room and the sauna, I could feel the toxins of lousy roadside hamburgers, coca-cola and all the bottled water seep through my pours.

Right now, I'm sitting in my room enjoying a Budweiser and answering some e-mails.

Out to see what Vegas has to offer later this evening. More to come later.

No comments: